Forums are back in action! ×

French noob wanting to get strong

Hi everyone !

I’m new here and I’m glad I found this site which fits with both the nerdy me and the soon-to-be strong me !

I’m a 28 yo woman, I’m French and I want to get sharp and strong ! Thanks to this website and a few others, I’ve learnt a few basics about fitness and proper nutrition over the last weeks, and now it’s time for me to get started !

Besides my recent interest for fitness, I’m a punk-rock listener, a sci-fi reader, a video games player, and a combat sports enthusiast. I practiced judo for 5 years during my late teens, and also gave a shot to capoeira and jujitsu (1 year each). Don't get it wrong, it was recreational sport and I'm kind of a lightweight... Hence my prensence here ! ;) I’m still too afraid to try boxing (clubs seem to be filled with men twice my size) but I’ll probably get over my shyness someday…

Oh. And also: wrestling. Did I say I love this kind of drama ? Half-naked men, funny costumes, glitter and gold, bad metal music, fights and no blood... what can you ask for ? (A DX comeback, maybe...)

I’d love to share with you on those topics and more !

As for now, you’ll find me somewhere around, looking for advices on how to get started !

Welcome to the Rebellion. It sounds like the Monk's Guild may be a good place for you to hang out. We are in the middle of a six week challenge, why not check out some threads and see what people are doing. We recommend all first timers do their first challenge in the recruit section, so you might want to check them out as well as the monks.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath