Forums are back in action! ×

I DESPERATELY NEED YOUR HELP!!!

Guest Snake McClain

I agree with Damzie. Get him to make a bit of progress in a reasonable fashion that he can maintain. E.g. cut out soda and start walking. Then he'll get addicted to success and the cycle will be hard to stop. I'm like Damzie's husband. I was 35-40 pounds overweight which is a lot for a skinny guy. I started just using an elliptical to avoid knee pain and eating a bit better and over time it worked and then it worked some more. I had tried fad stuff before like Slim-Fast or making up my own workout in the basement and it go me nowhere. I just needed to man up, get moving, and not eat like a teenager.

has he had a physical recently. if he has insurance get him checked out so that you know about underlying ailments. if no insurance, check into a free or low cost clinic. if he has high blood pressure you have to be careful with exercise.

My first thoughts on this was: 1) wakling and 2) physical. It'd be like added numbers to weight, height, and body mass fat index thingy. He'd know exactly where he's starting out and what to avoid.

Carjack made a good point about the weights. I'd like the make the same point about walking. In NYC, you know who the tourists are the who the local city people area. In general, tourists are fat and city dwellers are skinnier because they have to walk every where.

And heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy - a 6 wk challenge just started! He could try something simple like cutting down his soda intake over 6 wks!

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->

Guest Snake McClain
My first thoughts on this was: 1) wakling and 2) physical. It'd be like added numbers to weight, height, and body mass fat index thingy. He'd know exactly where he's starting out and what to avoid.

Carjack made a good point about the weights. I'd like the make the same point about walking. In NYC, you know who the tourists are the who the local city people area. In general, tourists are fat and city dwellers are skinnier because they have to walk every where.

And heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy - a 6 wk challenge just started! He could try something simple like cutting down his soda intake over 6 wks!

true that. he's talking about joining the gym next month. so i hope that he does. i think i can help at least advise and this site will be part of that. we shall see.