Forums are back in action! ×

Resolution: Work out *every* *single* *day* in 2012

i'm definitely in on this. i have made it seven days with 30 minutes of exercise each day, making sure to at least walk a couple miles on my rest days. my girl and i were already going to do 30 minutes a day until the end of summer (SEXY SUMMER 2K12!) so keeping it up the whole year shouldn't be a problem. :D

I'm in - I took a rest day yesterday, and feel sore and heavy today. New plan - yoga! stretching! long walk! - something to keep me limber on my off days. I plan, however, not to be active on days when I am so sick I can barely get out of bed.

My kids both play the flute, and their teacher says "you only have to practice on the days on which you eat." We take it as meaning that if you're super-sick, you don't have to practice (by the way, they recently completed 500 days in a row of practice, with no days off, no skipped days, no days on which they had to double-practice to make up for missing one). So I'm planning to work out only on days on which I eat (and not in a "If I don't eat, I can skip my workout" kind of way).

Thanks for the motivation!

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom

I hope we're counting real world work as exercise. My insomniac kids kept me out of the gym yesterday, I then spent 40 minutes scraping ice off the sidewalks. My arms were like jello when I was done, so no calisthenics either. Then my insomniac kids kept me from walking or jogging before bed - I should have stuffed them in the carrier and gone out anyway. It would have been my 11th day in a row.

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log