Forums are back in action! ×

A woman walks into a glass-fronted building and stops at the reception desk.

"You're back." The suited man has no expression as he looks her up and down, noting the looser fit of her skirt and the added weariness behind her eyes. To the casual observer, she looks normal. He, however, is not so sure.

"I'm back." The suited man smiles briefly.

"Welcome."

Hi Guys,

So this is Petra (stonegirl77 of old, if you recognise that username). I signed up for NF about a year ago, and was going strong until I fell off the wagon big-time around Christmas. In the meantime, I've yoyo-ed, sometimes working out, sometimes eating healthy, sometimes not. I didn't ever get back up to the weight I was when I started NF, but that's about the best I can say.

And then my world kind of collapsed a few weeks ago on a business trip abroad. I lost about five pounds, some plans for the future, and a few of my closest relationships. So that was fun.

I'm home now, recovering and preparing for another concert (I'm a violinist), and I figured - now is a great time to respawn, to restart NF, among other things. I went to sign on to my old account, but, well, password issues etc. And since I wanted to get started posting now, I figured I'd just start a new account. After all, I am so far from the person I was a year ago. If I ever get into the old account, I figure I'll just shut it down. 

I used to say the character I wanted to be in the Marvel Universe was Black Widow. (I still want to be Natasha. She's awesome.) But now, I find myself identifying more closely with Bucky Barnes - I feel like a new person - the new muscles and the fitting in of the clothes are great, but the emotional baggage and fallout, not to mention the fact that I basically lost the weight by not eating anything because I was so stressed? Not so much. I definitely understand the feeling like a half-a-person, like someone who used to be someone else. If that makes any sense at all. 

Anyway. I'm back now, and I'm looking forward to getting back to NF. 

A bit about me (that doesn't involve sob stories). I'm a violinist, a writer (sort of), a reader, a runner. I love Marvel Comics and the Flash. I have two homes, one in Colorado, one in London. When I was stonegirl77, I was totally an assassin. I still am, but I'm not sure how permissions for that work anymore. (I'll look into it later)

Hope this wasn't too long/dramatic and was somewhat interesting.

For the rebellion,

Petra

Welcome back! 

I just started recently but seeing you here again is wonderful! Life can throw some pretty difficult things in the path of progress. I applaud you for surviving through that and working to reinvent yourself and discover a new goal! You have a community here to support you and to be a part of once again! If you need someone to talk to or set goals with, feel free to message me! 

Wood Elf Assassin / Current Challenge Thread: Two / Completed Challenges: One

Lvl 2: STR: 1 DEX: 5 STA: 6 CON: 4 WIS: 6 CHA: 3

Instagram

CHALLENGE GOAL 1: "Be-Four Dawn"

16.6%
16.6%

CHALLENGE GOAL 2: "Pull It Together"

16.6%
16.6%

CHALLENGE GOAL 3: "This End Up"

16.6%
16.6%

LIFE CHALLENGE GOAL: "Write On Track"

0%
0%

Welcome back! 

I just started recently but seeing you here again is wonderful! Life can throw some pretty difficult things in the path of progress. I applaud you for surviving through that and working to reinvent yourself and discover a new goal! You have a community here to support you and to be a part of once again! If you need someone to talk to or set goals with, feel free to message me! 

Hi! Thanks so much - it means a lot to hear that... And I will definitely take you up on that - same to you - if you ever need a friendly ear, feel free to message!

Hey lady! Welcome back! Well done on getting back on track after such a nasty time. We're here for you!

Hello Miss Poppins! It's a delight to be back! Thanks for writing!