Forums are back in action! ×

Looking for a New Adventure/Relocation Buddy!

Hello Nerd Fitness Community! 

I am a long time follower, but this will be my first post. You are all splendid folks!

I posted the same post under Intros. Sorry if you've stumbled upon this again.

My name is Kathleen, and I am currently based out of Detroit. I grew up here, moved away for college, and accepted a job back in the area. Detroit's really got a bad reputation, it's not that bad, honestly, it is mainly the feeling of "been there, done that". I am looking for a new adventure and a new home. I am currently looking (semi-casually) in Tennessee, Chattanooga or Nashville, and the pacific Northwest, Seattle or Portland areas. This is a big leap for me, so I don't plan on this happening overnight, but I am pretty serious and need to start somewhere!

Anywhoo, although I pride myself in my fierce independence, it would be really nice to find someone in the same boat. I have very little family that is very spread out, and most friends that have moved away or are still in Detroit and have reasons that keep them here.

1. Is anyone else in Detroit looking for a new adventure elsewhere, too?

2. Anyone else maybe not in Detroit, but looking at any of those areas?

3. How 'bout anyone in those areas or that experienced a similar situation and have some pointers?!

Of course, fitness is in there. I am looking at these areas for mountains, outdoors and places to explore (and less snow is very motivating--not a fan).

I also have my first powerlifting meet at the end of October. I love all things fitness! We can keep each other motivated during the transition!

I have a hunch I'll get a positive response from you lovely people.

Happy Exploring!

Kathleen

Hi Kathleen,

I am someone who grew up in the Midwest and am proud to call Louisville my home town. I like Nashville, I would NOT suggest Chattanooga due to traffic( everyone drives extremely slow). Honestly though I would check ou Louisville. I have never come across another city quite like it. It has all the feel of a southern city but with a faster pace. It has a huge running and biking community and one of the best park systems in the U. S. It has all the things the large cities do( pro sports excluded but we like our college sports) but with a big sense of community. Sorry for the advertisement but that's honestly how I feel. :))