Forums are back in action! ×

Feeling a little bit sad today, but I still wanted to say hello!

Hello everyone!

I'm so glad I've discovered NF, because turning fitness and health into a real life RPG, quest, journey, or whatever you call it, is much more motivating than the usual stuff about looking "good" in a bikini, "rocking" a crop top etc... Because honestly, I don't care! If other people's harsh judgement and criticism were a good source of motivation, I should have been the fittest person in the world by now, and guess what? I'm not. I'm not even close.

A bit of information about me...

I'm a 24 year old female with a bad habit of binge-eating. I usually do that to forget about my problems when I'm depressed, and I've been severely depressed for a long time. When I finally decided to get my life together, I weighted more than 95 kg (height: 164 cm). The numbers can tell how severely depressed I was, right? Now I'm about 87 kg, and the journey continues.

I have a passion for martial arts, so is it safe to say I am a monk now?

As for my goal... I don't know for sure. But I want to be the closest thing to a real life superhero as much as my body allows. I love superheroes and I am a huge Marvel fan.

This wasn't the best day of my quest, but in the end of the day, I didn't give up (I'm planning to start a daily battle log, LOVED the idea) and didn't give into another binge-eating frenzy, so... we're good here, I guess.

• Like 2

Never give up!! :)  Especially on sad days.  I find on tougher days just staying the course and working hard to not give in to temptation or bad eating decisions is a huge struggle in and of itself.

You can be a Marvel monk, whatever you want to be, and it will be awesome. :)

Welcome to NF!!

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Welcome to the rebellion. You want to be a monk, you're a monk. Why not try a six week challenge? There's one starting on Monday. We recommend all first time challenge takers go to the recruit section so you can get down the mechanics of a challenge before you're off to join the Monks.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Never give up!! :)  Especially on sad days.  I find on tougher days just staying the course and working hard to not give in to temptation or bad eating decisions is a huge struggle in and of itself.

You can be a Marvel monk, whatever you want to be, and it will be awesome. :)

Welcome to NF!!

Thanks!!! Yeah, it is harder to stuck with your plan on tough days, but if I somehow manage to stay on the course, the next day I feel so proud of myself when I look back.

Welcome to the rebellion. You want to be a monk, you're a monk. Why not try a six week challenge? There's one starting on Monday. We recommend all first time challenge takers go to the recruit section so you can get down the mechanics of a challenge before you're off to join the Monks.

Thank you, the challenge sounds like fun. I will definitely take a look at the challenge forum and can't wait to start my own!