Forums are back in action! ×

Hello all. I found Nerd Fitness and it's got me really excited to step up my fitness journey. I'm a natural hobbit; short and round and not very strong, but I'm aiming to be a combination Warrior / Monk.

Two years ago I joined a local karate group and loved it. I lost 25% of my body weight in a year through a combination of 6 hours a week training and a very restricted diet. At my lowest weight I was 7 stone and a size 8 and while I thought I looked ok my friends told me I looked ill and I felt weak and tired all the time.

Unfortunately when I tried to put weight back on I ended up falling back into old eating habits and for various reasons slacked off on karate.

I'm now aiming to get fit in a healthy way this time so I can go for my black belt.

I also want go get stronger. I love the feeling if being strong, he confidence it gives me. Also on a practical level I ride 700cc motorbike that weighs 180kg and I want to get stronger so that A) if i drop it I can pick it up and B) I can move it around more easily.

So that's me. I'm excited to get started.

Cephalopod Dreams

Halfling Monk

Challenges: Level 4 | Academy: Level 10

Str 4 | Dex 4 | Sta 4 | Con 7 | Wis 5 | Cha 2

My Character

I'm aiming for my black belt in Shotokan Karate, training to defeat the monster that is chronic pain.

Battle Log | Current Challenge | Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Welcome to NF!  I used to ride 750cc bikes so I understand needing that strength.  I look forward to seeing you achieve your goals.

Thanks :) Every bit of encouragement helps, this isn't the first time i've tried to get fit. Sorry if it's a newb question, but how do you get those progress bars in your signature?

Wow, black belt, what an awesome goal! I'm jealous. I'm only 4' 11" so I feel like karate might help me look like a boss.

That's the plan! Technically I'm half-way there (purple belt already), but this is the harder half. 

Cephalopod Dreams

Halfling Monk

Challenges: Level 4 | Academy: Level 10

Str 4 | Dex 4 | Sta 4 | Con 7 | Wis 5 | Cha 2

My Character

I'm aiming for my black belt in Shotokan Karate, training to defeat the monster that is chronic pain.

Battle Log | Current Challenge | Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Thanks :) Every bit of encouragement helps, this isn't the first time i've tried to get fit. Sorry if it's a newb question, but how do you get those progress bars in your signature?

I had the help of this thread;

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/49506-progress-bars/

28%
28%

Main Quest: from 256 lbs. to 200 lbs.

Current weight 256 lbs. on 9/9

Current weight 242 on 12/30

Beskar'ad the level 1 Assassin