Forums are back in action! ×

My Tale Of Woe and Regret

The year was 2009. It was January in LA, and I was working at my very first big-girl job. I was at a company surrounded by like-minded nerds, building a theme park Warner Bros. Best. Job. Ever.

Then: disaster! The bottomed out economy took out half of the themed entertainment industry and my dream job vanished like a fart in the wind.

Unemployed, but not defeated, my friend Katie and I decided that we'd use our new-found spare time to start losing weight. We gave Body for Life a try, since our friend recommended it and he had free weights in his car port. Free gym? Yes please.

So, getting by with part-time work, I started losing weight. I joined a second soccer team, and after a few weeks I graduated to P90X. It was awesome. I felt good, my asthma was gone, my skin was clearer then it had been since I turned 13, and I was kicking ass and taking names on the soccer field.

Then: disaster again! Thanks to the nightmarish state of the "grass" fields in Los Angeles, I rolled my ankle in a game and was left with a serious sprain and six weeks on crutches to deal with. That was spring 2010.

It was the beginning of the end.

I just fell apart. Once I recovered from my injury, I tried to get back on the wagon, but my dedication and results were never the same. There was a brief period between August and December of last year, that I started lifting again. And I was seeing results, but then Christmas rolled around, and I just went to pieces again. Since then this whole year has been a disorganized hodge-podge of sometimes getting my run in, and occasionally getting in a random strength work-out, and it definitely hasn't lost me any weight.

Well, no more! I have decided once and for all that I will finish the journey I started three years ago, and I'm going to do it here.

I can't wait to get started, so I'm going to go for a run.

Excelsior!

Hi, welcome to the nerd fart in the wind reversal tunnel. we try to help one another here get through the things that happen to us in life and we travel down our respective roads in a bid nerd cohort. Glad that you've joined us. See you on the boards...

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance