Forums are back in action! ×

Sing out, bards!

I've decided that I'm a bardic class. I kept waffling at ranger, but it didn't sound quite right for me. Bards are well-rounded, like rangers, but much of their training is aimed at performance, and they use that training to also defend themselves.

If you please, add the things you do as a bard! I started out as a voice major to be a chorus teacher, but they overloaded the program and dropped all the music ed majors, so I ended up in general education, but music is a big part of my teaching. I like the ukelele for teaching and singing with students.

The IndigoBanshee:

■ sings

■ is a Middle Eastern dancer (bellydancer)

■ plays bass guitar

■ plays ukelele

■ is working on harmonica

I'd like to add Forza into my workout for those lovely arms, and I'd eventually like to add sword into my dance routines, but I have to admit I'm kinda scared of real swords. I also used to teach archery, and like to get back into semi-regular practice (but my practice area is kinda far away atm).

Yes is does look like you might be a bard. As for the sword added to your dance routines, you might use a wooden waster (http://www.woodenswords.com/WMA/index.htm) or you can find some cheaper ones if you don't plan on sparring with anyone. I found some the other day that were on 10 bucks I think. I also have plans for making your own if I can find them.

Personally, I am as far as you can get from a bard but more fighter class with maybe a bit of mage thrown in

I have a daito, which probably wouldn't be good for dance, but those look neat. Most dancers are completely horrified at the idea of practicing with a fake sword ("It's not the same..", "They have a different balance..", "You have to learn to use a real one for performance..", etc etc). However, as I honestly am terrified of anything sharp (including knives), it might help me get over my fear a little bit. I'm naturally quite clumsy, and my fear is based out of that.