Forums are back in action! ×

Just a Quick Hello Before Starting My First Challenge

Hey guys,

I've been lurking around the forum for some time, but I finally decided to join to participate in the challenges. They seem fun. I will start my own (first) challenge thread, but first I wanted to say hello here.

I'm 24, female, and struggling with bad eating habits, depression, and occassionally insomnia. I've lost some weight over the last few months, but I still have a long way to go.

I want to live the rest of my life as a strong and healthy person.

I'm kind of an escapist, I always get obsessed with something fictional that can help me escape from the real world: TV shows, movies, books, mythology, etc. I wouldn't exactly call myself a gamer, but I can enjoy a good game from time to time. I like writing, too.

Well, that's all I can think about myself. Good luck everyone with your own journey!

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."

—The Catcher in the Rye

I'm kind of an escapist, I always get obsessed with something fictional that can help me escape from the real world: TV shows, movies, books, mythology, etc. I wouldn't exactly call myself a gamer, but I can enjoy a good game from time to time. I like writing, too.

Oh, I totally relate! Even at 28 with two kids, I still get caught up in things, and it kind of overruns my mind. My username is evidence of this - the Dauntless comes from the Divergent series whose main character really inspired me and influenced me.

I also struggled with depression, and one of the things that I really felt helped me was lifting - I started with a barbell and a few weight sizes, and started the stronglifts 5x5 (well, just bench presses, squats and the deadlift). I saw results in my body, but also in my mind, and I felt so empowered by it!

So, go you for starting out! I'm a newbie too - I stopped weights when I fell pregnant with my first daughter, so it's been over three years since I did anything major. I've started a challenge and am aiming to join the Monks - do you have any concrete goals in mind, or know which guild grabs your attention?

Daule's First Challenge  :: Daule Doesn't Do Defeat [iI] - current

Race: Deep Dwarf | Class: Assassin | Level: 2

STR +4 | STA +2.5 | DEX +1.5 | CON +3.5 | WIS +1 | CHA +1

Oh, I totally relate! Even at 28 with two kids, I still get caught up in things, and it kind of overruns my mind. My username is evidence of this - the Dauntless comes from the Divergent series whose main character really inspired me and influenced me.

I also struggled with depression, and one of the things that I really felt helped me was lifting - I started with a barbell and a few weight sizes, and started the stronglifts 5x5 (well, just bench presses, squats and the deadlift). I saw results in my body, but also in my mind, and I felt so empowered by it!

So, go you for starting out! I'm a newbie too - I stopped weights when I fell pregnant with my first daughter, so it's been over three years since I did anything major. I've started a challenge and am aiming to join the Monks - do you have any concrete goals in mind, or know which guild grabs your attention?

Hi dauntlesslittleevil, sorry for the late reply. I've been busy editing my first challenge. I haven't read the Divergent books, but I watched the movies and they were great. I'm a fan of dystopia, anyway. I'm a graduate student in literature, so, unfortunately, I can't find enough time to read the books I want to read as I'm usually too busy with class readings :(

Strength training is indeed empowering. I was planning to join the monks, too, but things didn't go as planned, so I think I'm going to join the warriors, I guess. It's a good thing there's more than one way to be a badass. I'm very clumsy and uncoordinated (can't even ride a bike!) as well, but I'm working on it.

Current Challenge

"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."

—The Catcher in the Rye

Hi dauntlesslittleevil, sorry for the late reply. I've been busy editing my first challenge. I haven't read the Divergent books, but I watched the movies and they were great. I'm a fan of dystopia, anyway. I'm a graduate student in literature, so, unfortunately, I can't find enough time to read the books I want to read as I'm usually too busy with class readings :(

Strength training is indeed empowering. I was planning to join the monks, too, but things didn't go as planned, so I think I'm going to join the warriors, I guess. It's a good thing there's more than one way to be a badass. I'm very clumsy and uncoordinated (can't even ride a bike!) as well, but I'm working on it.

No need to apologise - go you! I think just attempting any challenge is inspiring, so I hope it all goes well :)

• Like 1

Daule's First Challenge  :: Daule Doesn't Do Defeat [iI] - current

Race: Deep Dwarf | Class: Assassin | Level: 2

STR +4 | STA +2.5 | DEX +1.5 | CON +3.5 | WIS +1 | CHA +1