Forums are back in action! ×

My name is Greg and I am a new Recruit. Starting tomorrow, I am going to begin getting my back into shape. I used to be in decent to good physical shape throughout college and when I was in the Army. Currently I am defining what my short and long term goals will be throughout my journey. In approximately 6 weeks, I will be running in a 5K with my wife down in Walt Disney World. This run will be far from anything to write home about since I know I will be slow.

Right now, I know my first goal to be down 6- 8 lbs by February 1st. This I think will be doable using the Rebel Fitness Guide. I plan on also doing some more research on the Paleo diet. Right now, I do not think it will be feasible for me maybe I may begin some small other adjustments.

Thanks for listening.

Greg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Orc Adventurer

STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 2

Challenge Link: http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?13235-gregb-s-first-challenge

Time to Rock!

welcome to the community! i would recommend a couple things first off: (1) try tracking what you eat for a couple weeks to seewhere improvements can be made. alot of people like paleo and certainly give it a try if you want but often there are other less severe changes that can be made initially to help out with your goal and (2) personally, having weight loss goals just doesn't work for me. focusing the goals on actions like "i will work out at least 3 times per week" seems to get me more excited and motivated.

Thanks for the advice. I have gone back to using Weight Watchers to help track my food intake. This worked in the past. Once I ensure I understand the exercises, the spreadsheets that came with the Rebel Fitness guide will be a big help.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Orc Adventurer

STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 2

Challenge Link: http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?13235-gregb-s-first-challenge

Time to Rock!