Forums are back in action! ×

Paleo must be getting popular here in Oklahoma.I am considering it myself.

Today I went to the library to see if there were any books about paleo dieting. There were five or six listed in the catalog but all were loaned out. I guess that this is good considering that Oklahoma is (I think) the fourth fattest state in the nation. I was able to check out The New Rules of Lifting for Women and I ended up getting The Paleo Diet Book from Half Price Books for $5.99.

I am seriously considering trying the Paleo diet. I will just have to do it in a way that does not impact the way the rest of the household eats. If it is just me doing the diet it should not raise my grocery bill very much at all. I currently spend about $6 to $10 a week on Protein nutrition bars for my post workout snacks but I could take that and buy extra chicken/meat whatever for myself instead.

Oh and when I went to Half Price Books after Christmas I saw that they had several copies of the book. Today I bought the last one. Could this be the work of the New Years Resolution Crowd? You know, the folks who say that this is the year that they are going to start eating healthy and start going to the gym. After about two weeks of gym visits they disapear never to be seen at the gym again.