Forums are back in action! ×

New here and happy new year

Hi all,

I know. How cliche that I would join this forum on New Year's Day. Right? Anyway, 2012 is a year for big starts for me. I am finishing my MBA in May and my husband and I are moving from Allentown, PA to Austin, TX.

I've been trying to find my way with diet and fitness for years now (I am 31). I was a thin child and started to slowly gain weight in late high school and never stopped. I'm not obese, but I am definitely overweight and out of shape. I started running last summer and lost some weight, but then I injured myself and gained it all back. I've recently started running again and have signed up for a half marathon in April.

Life is pretty crazy right now. In 4 days my house in PA goes on the market and my husband, dog, and I are driving down to Austin to move him into his new apartment. Then the following week I fly back alone to finish school. I really need some focus as in the past when alone I resort to terrible eating and sleeping habits and instead I want to arrive in Austin in May in the best shape of my life.

On Christmas I bought both the Rebel Running and Rebel Fitness ebooks after lurking around the blog for a while. I look forward to learning more about finding my own way in fitness and diet (and life) that I can stick with.

Thanks, and I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Jenny

Thanks ETFNerd.

Its all a bit overwhelming as my house needs to be ready for sale in 4 days and we need to be ready for the move. And well, we are not either of those things, so eating well and working out has been lower on the priority and I'm not feeling so great. Looking forward to getting settled into my last semester and having a bit more control.