Forums are back in action! ×

Ok so, a bit about me. I'm 36 yrs old, 100 lbs overweight and just went through my second divorce.

I need to change my life. Badly. I've done nothing of real value with my life except have two amazing kids who I love more than anything.

My obesity has been dragging me down for fifteen years and I just keep making excuses. My blood pressure is way too high for someone my age and I have no energy and feel depressed all the time.

My goal is to lose the fat and put on some muscle. I'm lucky that even though I'm enormous, I have some decent muscle from my job which is somewhat physical. I have a physical check at the end of October and my blood pressure is the only issue I'm worried about. I'm going to a doctor next week to get meds to get my blood pressure down in time for my exam.

With all this being said, I want to get started but I make too many damn excuses. I put myself in this position and am struggling to get out. 

My max weight ever was 310, right now I'm at 280 and my goal is 180-190.

I did some grocery some grocery shopping and am going to try going paleo but I do have a sweet tooth.

I'm looking for support, straight talk, whatever.

• Like 2

If you need a bit of support or just someone to bounce ideas off of or anything like that just shout out or PM me my friend, and welcome to the rebellion

Hardway

Level 13 Half Orc Scout

Strength:8  Dexterity:8   Constitution:8  Intelligence:6
Wisdom:6  Charisma:7

Han Solo  Challenge

20%
20%

Batroc Challenge Challenge

25%
25%

Malak Challenge

4%
4%

Make a small change today, don't wait for the weekend, or some imaginary starting point :)  start now and feel better sooner

• Like 1

Hardway

Level 13 Half Orc Scout

Han Solo  Challenge

20%
20%

25%
25%

Malak Challenge

4%
4%

I fell off for a bit. I passed my physical with the help of some heart pills(unfortunately) but good news is, I'm down to 270 just by cutting out sugars. I'm joining a gym on Friday called Blast Fitness in Mesquite, Tx. Anyone familiar with it? The depression has really been kicking my @$$ especially on my weekends without my kids. I end up couch surfing all weekend and not doing anything. Does anyone have any recommendations for beginner plans? I need to be able to see the results or I can get discouraged too easily.

• Like 1

I fell off for a bit. I passed my physical with the help of some heart pills(unfortunately) but good news is, I'm down to 270 just by cutting out sugars. I'm joining a gym on Friday called Blast Fitness in Mesquite, Tx. Anyone familiar with it? The depression has really been kicking my @$$ especially on my weekends without my kids. I end up couch surfing all weekend and not doing anything. Does anyone have any recommendations for beginner plans? I need to be able to see the results or I can get discouraged too easily.

http://www.blastfitness.com/tour-blast-fitness

Seems to be a lot like Planet Fitness, which is good, I like the atmosphere, very easy going.  If you are a couch potato on the weekends one things that helps me is that my gym has Wi Fi and I bring the ipad or iphone and watch tv shows on the treadmill or elliptical.  Much easier to work out zoning out to Buffy re-runs :)

As for seeing results quickly I wish I had the answer.  It took a few months to see results for me, but I see them.  Plus it helps if you can find away to make going to the gym or working out not a thing to make it to a goal, but just a fun part of the day (I know that sounds nuts but eventually I started liking going)

Best of luck

Hardway

Level 13 Half Orc Scout

Han Solo  Challenge

20%
20%

25%
25%

Malak Challenge