Forums are back in action! ×

This is super exciting!!!

Hello!

My name's Katie. I'm 19 and studying engineering at the University of Minnesota. In my first semester of college, things got a bit overwhelming. I didn't do well in my classes (I have to retake a couple...) and my eating habits have suffered. HOWEVER, I've been developing a love for exercise, and the compact yet efficient exercise routines that nerdfitness offers work super well for my busy schedule. I'm also really in to music (I'll listen to almost any type from classical to rock to folk) and I play both the piano and bagpipes.

Besides an impending apocalypse (it IS 2012 after all) my main reason for getting in shape is that I play one of the nerdiest sports in existence: quidditch. Quidditch was the first sport I've ever gone out of my way to play and I absolutely LOVE it. It is surprisingly violent, and it combines elements from so many other sports, but I'll stop before I start a full out rant. I would really like to make my university's competition team next year, but in order to do that I need be really fit since my height (5'4") already puts me at a disadvantage.

Despite some things that didn't go so well last year I'm motivated to do super well this year, both physically and academically!

I can't wait to meet everyone here!