Forums are back in action! ×

New Hopeless Nerd Here

Hello everyone! Brand new to the forums. I'm a 26 year old female with an interest in belly dancing and martial arts, but no matter what I do, I can't seem to change my body (which is especially a problem as I want to fit into a spandex cosplay costume by July!) I'm hoping I can find new tips and motivations here.

Question right off the bat: I've read the articles on doing a perfect push-up, but here's the problem I always run into. When I do a push-up the correct way, my back cracks. It's like my shoulder blades are rubbing against my ribs or something. It doesn't hurt per say... it's more like a pinch, and is also downright annoying. Anyone else ever have this problem? Thank you!

"Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself." -Mark Twain

welcome to the community! sorry i can't be much help with the pushup question except to ask whether you have any scoliosis or anything (where your spine is a little crooked). never found this with pushups but my bf has similar problems with crunches because his hips are a little un-even. perhaps the best start is wall pushups and see if that helps.

looking forward to hearing about your progress - it is possible to change your body.