Forums are back in action! ×

A Tale Arcayne - Part One

As I have said previous, my name is Kallian. When I was very young, I sustained a minor head injury and the doctor requested I stay overnight for observation...the fourth time I escaped from my crib they pinned me to the mattress.

Until the age of five I lived in a place called Walnut Grove. I remember how to push the loose fence plank aside and the wonder of the forest behind my house. The forest can be a wyrd place if you can see with a child's eyes, or remember doing so.

Then there was was chaos and sorrow and I ended up in a desert full coyotes and rattlers and red-tail hawks. And there was the lightning...mostly during the summer and autumn. Dry, hot lightning sharp and definite; blinding and staccato; it's absence deafening.I broke my first bones here; fell out of a tree and nearly impaled myself on a fencepost; two broken ribs. I was taped up and told to rest as there is nothing you can do about broken ribs. I also broke my first bones here...now, this may seem like I have repeated myself but, I assure you, I have not...my mother enrolled me on martial arts when I was five and one night I took a baseball bat to a very drunk and angry mans' knees and ribs...they pinned the knee...nothing you can do about broken ribs, so they say.

Then, through some perverse twist of fate, I found myself banished to an desert more extreme and unforgiving than the last. Desolate summers and snowbound winters for two years. One very cold and early morning, my lips so chapped they bled, (this was how I learned how important it is to drink enough water ) what appeard to be a wolf ran up to the floor to just-about-ceiling window beside the couch...some say Canis cannot see through their reflection on glass...this is not true. I could see the wolf and the wolf could see me. Or, I, for the first time, could really see myself

There was another bout of chaos and woe and a journey to the sea...surrounded by desert.

Would you like to know more?

~ Calm seas make poor sailors ~

Air Genasi

Lvl 0

Ranger-in-training