Forums are back in action! ×

Traveling and P90X

Hi all! I've been doing P90X doubles, and have managed to not miss a workout yet (today is day 35). However, there are some obstacles in the road ahead, and I'm not sure how to navigate them.

1) I hurt my foot a few days ago, and it doesn't seem to be getting better. Today was my rest day, but I'm nervous about tomorrow, and VERY nervous about Thursday (plyometrics on an injured foot!).

2) I'm about to leave for a stacked sequence of trips. They look something like this (home is LA):

-Jan 8-12: skiing in Utah

-Jan 13-16: trade show in Miami

-Jan 28-Feb 6: trade show in Tucson (plus driving there and back)

-Feb 11-19: skiing in France (woo hoo!)

So, here are the questions:

1) Should I stick with my schedule, foot pain be damned? It's not bad, and I don't think I'm severely injured. I just think I overdid it (11 mile hike on Saturday in Fivefingers shoes).

2) Should I even try to do P90X while skiing? On the one hand, I made a commitment to 90 days, and I don't want to cheat myself. On the other hand, skiing is a pretty serious workout, too, plus I'll be at altitude, so my energy level won't be that amazing to begin with, and I don't want to overtrain.

3) If I should modify P90X to accommodate this schedule, how?

4) Clearly, it's better if I stick to my workout schedule while on my business trips, but if something has to give, which workouts am I better off skipping?

5) If I miss workouts while traveling, how do I get back on my P90X schedule? Pick up where I left off? Pretend I've been doing the workouts all along? Something else?

Help me, NF-Kenobi! You're my only hope!