Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings,

I'm a 51 year old woman who is out of work due to carpal tunnel.. too much WoW and Office Lady jobs for too long!

So now I'm about to be rockin' the physical therapy AND some very low weight Nerd Fitness routines. They are from the Level 1 Rookie section of the Fitness book...but the weight will probably be something like 2.5 lb dumbbells to start with. :) cheers!

welcome to the community! any weight training is good - we all start somewhere. it's also so important ot prevent osteoporosis (i'm sure you know that but i figured i'd mention it - my mom is a bit older than you and has really impressed her dr. with how well her bones have held up since starting weight training).

thanks all! Yep, I bomb around town with my mom, who is 73 and in very good shape/bone density due to weight bearing exercise for many years. I'm doing a LOT of walking for exercise until my upper body strength can deal with a little 3-lb dumbbell or rubber band action...It has been weird being out of work AND very weak in upper body, but my epic quest is to be in 100% better shape than before I was disabled!