Forums are back in action! ×

Oooh, what's this button do?

So that's what it does.

Hello hello, I'm Rylee.  I've been a member of nerd fitness for over a year now but I've never spent any time on the forums until now.  I'm 28, from Minnesota, and I'm trying to turn my life around.  At this point all I need is a super sad Sarah McLachlan song and I can make my own infomercial.

So I've tried various things over the years and nothing has really helped.  Like I said above, I joined NF, read all the articles, did all the starting stuff, and then promptly did nothing with it.  I've got a wedding coming up in two years and at that time I want, nay, need to be healthier.  So I know NF does it's six week challenges from time to time but I decided to start my own.  I've got six weeks to lose 20 pounds, in a healthy way of course.  I figure if I can do this for six weeks then I can do it for twelve.  If I can do it for twelve I can do it for twenty four.  If I can do it for twenty four then I can go a year.  And if I can go a year, then I can damn well carry this on for the rest of my life.

So thanks for having me, I'm looking forward to diving into the deep end on this.

• Like 1

Ha! Beautiful imagery. You have to get the sad puppy dog eyes right! And yes, I did the exact same thing, I read all the pages, and... nothing. I kept to it for one week. I think the only way for some people is to just go all in. I was always the one to dive into the freezing pool otherwise I'd never get in  at all.

"Well perhaps that's you then. Perhaps you'll just have to stay here secure and just a little bit miserable 'till the day you drop. Better than trying and failing, hey?"