Forums are back in action! ×

Spandees Saying Hello!

Hey! What's up everyone? I'm Spandees, I think I chose that name because I am the weird person rolling down the road wearing Spandex. On a bike, I don't have some crazy magical ability to ride a unicycle. That's just impossible.

Anyway! I actually wanted to post here because I feel I need to join the community and become accountable to my promises, because I promise things, and then I come home and go, "nah, I don't need to ___. I'm so tired from work. I'll do something tomorrow." I have no motivation, I should say, which I need.

So! In accordance with Nerd Fitness custom, i shall tell you I am a human build, just normal size. My diet resembles shotgun scatter! I will eat pizza in the morning, brussel sprouts for lunch, and a piece of toast for dinner. I used to work out around twice a week, now not even that. My last workout was over two weeks ago. I started here because I knew Nerd Fitness would accompany my thoughts and get me more focused on my health. I am a college student and often health is quite far in the back of the list, after passing all 5 classes, getting into nursing school, working, and socializing. However, I know that health can make all other activities even more enjoyable, even if becoming healthier involves giving up time from other parts of life.

Besides that serious part, I love books! And I am also very scatterbrained and yes, just to reiterate, I ride road bikes. Anyone else in cycling? But I am also very into strength training and hope to incorporate both into my eventual exercise program.

"Well perhaps that's you then. Perhaps you'll just have to stay here secure and just a little bit miserable 'till the day you drop. Better than trying and failing, hey?"

Hello and welcome!

Sounds like you are trying to be accountable for going to the gym? I'd recommend finding a friend to workout with at your schools gym or if you can't find anyone you can always post on here and find someone to keep you honest. In regards to having time to get to the gym I recommend setting it up like a class. I managed to stay healthy and earn my engineering degree this way by having 3 'credit hours' of strength training on top of my course load. Hope you like it here!

Semper Gumby-Always FlexiblePain is weakness leaving the body.FITOCRACY