Forums are back in action! ×

Arrest and Development

Hey, I'm Sythez. I used to hang out here back in the day. Well, life happens, took a hiatus, and here I am back trying to kick myself back into gear. 

My current Class (job) is:

• Psychology/Biology student at University of Alberta: Now a fourth year student, ask me anything you wanna know :D
  • Loss Prevention Officer for a downtown Edmonton store.

Much of what I do is based on observing people for cues of theft, and then I arrest them if I have full continuity of them committing a crime. I do this part time while I go to school, and is an integral part of my focus with my degree. After I finish university, I will work in either Law Enforcement or in a field for rehabilitation of criminals. 

And it's awesome! I have a job that's adrenaline packed, infinitely rewarding, and very relevant to my degree. :)

But the issue comes in my current baseline stats;

Weight: 235lbs

Height: 5 foot 8

BF %: No official measurement, est. ~35%  :hurt:

Strength:

• 150 lbs Bench 5x5
  • 165 lbs Squat 5x5
  • -75 lbs Pull up 3x5
  • Deadlift is my enemy - shins
  • Endurance is lacking

Agility:

• Fast sprinter (no times to measure)
  • Horrid distance runner  
  • Awful overall cardiovascular endurance.    :heart-borken:

Dexterity:

• Former ballroom dancer (Bronze level)
  • Former/Current Chinese Martial Arts practitioner (4.5 years)
  • Current Judo practitioner (just started back up, did when young)

The summary: Weight high, no endurance, strength low overall, and high body fat percentage. Furthermore, I have an addiction to soda, at least one a day if not more. Due to being busy with school and work, I don't have much in time for groceries or cooking, meaning a lot of eating out. Finally, my job comes with a fair deal of risk. A lot of the shoplifters I deal with are people with pre-existing warrants and often users of narcotics, and some have nothing to lose by resisting arrest.   :jaded:

As of such, I have the following simple goals:

Eat without guilt. No more soda.

Gym 3x a week

Increase endurance

More energy.

I also want a six pack, but the habits I need now will grow into that. ;)

I'll be updating a battle log later with my goals, progress, and plan that I will follow. Thanks for reading! It's good to meet you all (again).  :highly_amused: 

"You can do it. I believe in you."

Logs: (insert here)

Challenge: (n/a until next starts)

Your job sounds really interesting. I don't think I've ever heard of it before. Is it as scary as it sounds?

Good luck with your goals! We'll all be cheering you on!

"Nothing lasts forever." ~Natasha Romanoff~

"Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was. So will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." ~Thranduil~

"No matter who we are, no matter what our circumstances, our feelings and emotions are universal. And music has always been a great way to make people aware of that connection. It can help you open up a part of yourself and express feelings you didn't know you were feeling. It's risky to let that happen. But it's a risk you have to take-- because only then will you find you're not alone." ~Josh Groban~

"Those who are the happiest, never did have everything. But rather they are thankful for everything they do have." ~Anonymous~

You don't hear of it much unless you work in security or in retail. It is scary if you don't know what you are doing, as the law places the burden of proof on the arresting party, and a false arrest can mean no job and a lot of personal liability.

Arresting itself isn't that scary. While I do work alone, I work in a mall setting, so I have back up with mall security more often than not. Moreover, before this job, I was mall security, so I know the guys working got my back.

Thanks for the cheers! Good luck to you as well!

"You can do it. I believe in you."

Logs: (insert here)

Challenge: (n/a until next starts)