Forums are back in action! ×

Wickedkarma - Intro to Karma

I grew up an army brat up and down both the East and West coasts, I surfed and rode a skateboard everyday as much as possible and was really in shape, cut forward 20+ years and I sold my surfboard and quit skating due to the crazy heat I got a desk job with a video game company supervising a support team and turned into a couch potato and now I am 5,6 and 256 lbs and I find myself landlocked in Austin Texas.  After being a smoker for the last 20 years I finally managed to kick the habit by vaping and decreasing my nicotine level until I was getting just flavored liquid with 0 nicotine, and 3 months ago I stopped vaping all together and am now 100% nicotine free. 

I recently found out we are getting the only artificial outdoor surf spot in North America and I realized how amazingly out of shape I am.  I completely understand it took me many years to get where I am now and it is going to take some time to get back to where I want to be, but I am shooting to be comfortable enough with my self to hit that surf spot come summer.

I do a ton of art in my free time and I am just starting to teach myself how to solder and rock some stained glass, super into comic books and video games. I have a tattoo of TankGirl and Godzilla and the Autobots symbol, cause I am a nerd and that's how I roll =).

I have a really hard time staying motivated by myself, so I recently joined a gym that has a weight loss class included in the membership, but I have some body image issues now and I also apparently have developed some social anxiety so I am really pushing hard to overcome those issues and the class is really helping me stay motivated and help me push those mental boundaries as well. 

I am super looking forward to meeting all of you and pushing myself to change for the better. 

*Note to my future self
Remember when we started working out and eating healthy and you resisted cream filled donuts even though your stomach and brain tried to convince you you were going to die horribly if you did not eat them, and you stood strong and stared them down ALL DAY while you watched your team devour them and you just drank water...? You kicked ass that day keep up that iron will and remember all the positive changes you have already made. You can do anything just remember you gotta put in the work.

Now grab your board and lets go hit some waves. 

• Like 2

Drop 50 Lbs

1 %
1 %

Battlelog | 6 Week Challenge #1 |

I've recently thought that it might be fun to surf, but I am way too puny and out of shape to even think of trying it. Maybe that could be one of my goals . . .

Anyway, congratulations on quitting smoking and resisting the donuts!!! Keep up the good work and remember we're all here for you!

• Like 2

"Nothing lasts forever." ~Natasha Romanoff~

"Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was. So will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." ~Thranduil~

"No matter who we are, no matter what our circumstances, our feelings and emotions are universal. And music has always been a great way to make people aware of that connection. It can help you open up a part of yourself and express feelings you didn't know you were feeling. It's risky to let that happen. But it's a risk you have to take-- because only then will you find you're not alone." ~Josh Groban~

"Those who are the happiest, never did have everything. But rather they are thankful for everything they do have." ~Anonymous~

After being a smoker for the last 20 years I finally managed to kick the habit by vaping and decreasing my nicotine level until I was getting just flavored liquid with 0 nicotine, and 3 months ago I stopped vaping all together and am now 100% nicotine free. 

Remember when we started working out and eating healthy and you resisted cream filled donuts even though your stomach and brain tried to convince you you were going to die horribly if you did not eat them, and you stood strong and stared them down ALL DAY while you watched your team devour them and you just drank water...? You kicked ass that day keep up that iron will and remember all the positive changes you have already made. You can do anything just remember you gotta put in the work.

Dude.  That's some awesome stuff right there.  Seriously those are major steps forward right there.  Glad to have you on NF! 

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I've recently thought that it might be fun to surf, but I am way too puny and out of shape to even think of trying it. Maybe that could be one of my goals . . .

Anyway, congratulations on quitting smoking and resisting the donuts!!! Keep up the good work and remember we're all here for you!

You should totally try it, Its amaaazzziinggggggg!!

And thanks for the positive encouragement! 

Drop 50 Lbs

1 %
1 %

Battlelog | 6 Week Challenge #1 |