Forums are back in action! ×

The End of an Era and the Start of an Epic Journey

Hey nerds, geeks, dorks, rebels, respawning-ers, robots, aliens . . . let's shorten this to everyone. I'm starting over.

*ahem*

Hey everyone!

First, a few things about me:

• I'm 18 years old (as of August 31st)
  • I'm female
  • I'm 5' 7.75" (173 cm)
  • I'm around 200 lbs (90.72 kg)
  • I love music (seriously. I listen to it everywhere even when it distracts me. I can't do my homework without it, but I can't do it with it very well either. I *might* have an addiction)
  • Josh Groban is my most favoritest singer ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • And Lady Antebellum is my favoritest band ever!!!!
  • I finally got a job this past May (I work about 20 hrs a week)
  • I started college in September (12 credits)
  • I'm lazy
  • This is my second account here (I only logged in with my first one once and I forgot my username. Oops :tongue:)
  • I've been lurking and reading the blogs since December 2013 (It was Christmas break. I seriously spent at least an entire afternoon reading the blogs and such)

Why am I here? I have never had a consistent exercise program before. I eat utter garbage (although I have been eating paleo breakfasts recently). I spend waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on the Internet. My days look like this: get up, go to work, go to class, go on the Internet, go to bed, get up, go to work, etc. See a problem with that? For starters, homework isn't in that list. That means everything gets down very last minute and it's super stressful and horrible and it means I'm gonna fail if I don't fix it. You guys, I'm not failing. Financial aid is covering my classes and books. I'm not paying a single penny. I'm not going to let this beautifully, amazing, wonderful opportunity go to waste. I'm extremely fortunate to be in this position, and I know it. I'm not going to let it go to waste. Nerd Fitness is all about leveling (or is it levelling?) up your life. I'm pretty sure that getting a degree is leveling up. Sure, it'll take me six years if I'm gonna get a master's in library science, but, in the end, it'll be worth it. It won't be worth it, if I just give up and fail all of my classes. I am passing these classes! I will not settle for anything else! I will fight to the very end and I will get my degree and I will be very proud of myself. Sorry. I'll end the self-motivating speech now.

Where was I? Oh yeah. I was telling you about my life. Basically I'm controlled by the Internet. I am chained to these things called Facebook and Pinterest. The Internet rules my life. Honestly, the reason I stopped liking school is because I found the Internet and thus, my homework gets put off until the last minute. Well, two years (or however long it's been) is enough. I'm sick and tired of having to go on Facebook 249347201741047387 times a day. I'm tired of having 29470 minutes of my life wasted because I have to pin just one more thing. I mean, you can't live life to the fullest when you're hunched in front of a screen every spare second of free time you get. You just can't. I'll read or hear about someone who went on a trip or just a hike and I'll be like, 'That sounds nice. No computer screen; no aching back; no bloodshot eyes (isn't it sad that this happens to me so frequently I feel the need to list it?). It must feel so free. I like pretending like I don't spend so much time on the Internet. I always feel ok about it when someone else says that they spend a lot of time on the Internet. But, the truth is, they don't spend as much time on it as I do. I don't want to be chained to the Internet. And I won't be. I'm going to fix this. I refuse to be ruled by an inanimate object. But here's the problem. Since I don't do anything besides surf the web, every time I try to break free I always end up back on it. I hate trying new things because they take really long to get good at or they need to be done multiple times before I can decide if I like it. But I guess I'll have to suck it up if I want to show the Internet who's boss.

TL;DR: The Internet rules me and I don't like it. So, I'm gonna start ruling it.

So, let's see. What else is there? Exercising. Working out. FItness. Whatever you want to call it. I like to call it . . . oops, sorry, I got distracted by YouTube. Anyway, I like to call it Something-I-don't-want-to-do-but-I-know-I-probably-should. Also, I would enjoy life more if I got in shape. Ugh. I hate all phrases and words used to describe exercise. I hate everything about exercise.

But I've been looking through the forums a lot recently and I read something someone wrote about how they saw this man with prosthetic legs who was sitting next to a beach and all he wanted to do was walk on it. This person really inspired me. I don't remember who they were or what they said, but it was really motivating and it really made me want to exercise. I don't know what my goals are or what I want to accomplish, but I wanted to post this because I've decided that enough is enough. I am getting my life together.

I need to go home now.

I'll update with my goals and such later.

G'nite!

"Nothing lasts forever." ~Natasha Romanoff~

"Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was. So will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." ~Thranduil~

"No matter who we are, no matter what our circumstances, our feelings and emotions are universal. And music has always been a great way to make people aware of that connection. It can help you open up a part of yourself and express feelings you didn't know you were feeling. It's risky to let that happen. But it's a risk you have to take-- because only then will you find you're not alone." ~Josh Groban~

"Those who are the happiest, never did have everything. But rather they are thankful for everything they do have." ~Anonymous~

So your internet goals hit pretty well home to me. Especially the facebook. However, I actually have been facebook free for about a month now.

I used to rely on facebook for event news with my floor and ballroom events when I was dancing. However, recently it's just been taking up time to go with procrastination. So I just cut it out of my life... Temporarily. 

I changed my password to random letters, and deactivated my account for a week. I figured I could do without facebook for just a week. After that, I could get back on by going through a time consuming process of messaging a facebook staff member and recovering my account. 

I didn't want to make it too easy to come back, but I didn't wanna make it impossible either.

And now it's a month since then and I don't miss it. I am actually about to go to the gym now too. Nerdfitness is kinda my new facebook, and I'm limiting myself to once in the morning and once before bed... Once to get my motivation up and once to update my progress.

You can do it! I look forward to seeing your goals and how you plan on achieving them!

"You can do it. I believe in you."

Logs: (insert here)

Challenge: (n/a until next starts)

ok, so changing the password to something random is genius! I might have to try it. Thanks for the encouragement! I still don't know what specific goals I have; I do however have some general ones. I'm hoping to figure some out within the next few days.

"Nothing lasts forever." ~Natasha Romanoff~

"Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was. So will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." ~Thranduil~

"No matter who we are, no matter what our circumstances, our feelings and emotions are universal. And music has always been a great way to make people aware of that connection. It can help you open up a part of yourself and express feelings you didn't know you were feeling. It's risky to let that happen. But it's a risk you have to take-- because only then will you find you're not alone." ~Josh Groban~

"Those who are the happiest, never did have everything. But rather they are thankful for everything they do have." ~Anonymous~

Welcome. You are smart for figuring this out now at the beginning of college. Can't wait to hear more as you continue your journey.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27