Forums are back in action! ×

<Witty Introduction Title Here>

Hey there peoples!  

So I'm a 38 yr old guy who's picture could easily be seen next to the definition of skinny-fat.  And since I am a writer by profession, that means I spend over half my day sitting down hunched over a computer.  Which doesn't help the severe Kyphosis I've had my whole life.  

To sum up :  skinny, slouchy, bad back, a big derriere from sitting and I'm getting old.

Awesome.

I've never felt like I've had time to work out.  And because working out always hurt my back - I was always quick to put it aside.  But I live in Southern California where it is 80 degrees and sunny literally year-round.  And my kids love to go swimming.  It really sucks to be so ashamed to take off your shirt that you watch your kids swim in the pool or the ocean and not join in.  Like massive amounts of suckage.  And shameage.  Shuckameage.

So damnit, I decided to finally do something about it.  

I joined a gym on the way to work.  Always been nervous about weightlifting, but committing to doing the SL program.  And I'm starting NF Yoga to try and increase flexibility and help my back.  (never been able to touch my toes)

My goals:

• Have shoulders wider than my hips (invert the triangle!)
  • Be able to stand up straight with no back pain
  • Play with my kids without insecurity

NerdFitness is my kind of peoples.  I love fantasy, sci-fi and genre.  I love the vibe I've seen on the boards, in the posts and in the videos.  Very much looking forward to this journey.