Forums are back in action! ×

Hi there!

I'm back after a long absence and I wanted to introdce myself again.  Since I last did much in Nerd Fitness, I ...

*Got married

*Quit my job of 10 years

*Moved to another country

*Got a job with a company which turned out to be a nightmare (including verbal abuse and harrasment)

*Quit above mentioned toxic job and now much happier!

So, now it's time to get back into accontability for my fitness/life goals and work on leveling up my life!

Ultimately, I would like to reach my competitive Highland Dancer size/weight which was a US 8-10 and a well muscled 135-140 lbs (I'm 5'4.5" and I haven't grown vertically in years so my height is fixed).  As new highland dance kits are expensive, I would like to fit into my old stuff instead of having to buy new stuff.  I'm currently a US size 12-14 and about 171lbs.

My more immediate goals are:

* Return to dance: I found a new teacher in my area and I start class again tomorow!  I also have a Scottish Country dance class the same night, so it should be interesting.

* Run regulary to help with cardio shape for dancing: 3 zombie runs per week

* Walk 5 miles per day because it makes me happy.

* Strength training: Quit Curves which is doing nothing for me except drain away money - which could be used for more dance classes - and switch to the Beginner Body Weight workout 3 days per week

*Stretching to get my flexibility back

* Cook healthy meals for myself even when my hubby is away/deployed:  I tend to get caught up in what I'm doing and forget to eat on a regular baisis and it only gets worse when I don't have anyone coming home every day.

Well, that's where I am right now.  Here's to a new start to a healthier life!

• Like 1