Forums are back in action! ×

Online eBook Reader?

I gotta pull the kindle card as well. I just finished a late 19th century british literature class and 99% of the class books were all public domain. Kindle had all of them. I could read it just about anywhere on the phone, at my computer, in my browser. Now I just need to get the Kindle so I can cuddle up with it on my couch. Not something you can really do with your laptop.

it would be really cool if those books could somehow sync with an online website or service where I can read them in a browser also.

Does such thing exist? Suggestions?

Kindle cloud app & sync with all your devices.

Oogie McGuire

Black Sheep Shepherdess

STR 4.25 | DEX 4.5 | STA 3.75 | CON 3 | WIS 4.75 | CHA 1

The Kindle App is actually browser based (HTML 5 website). It just doesn't work for IE yet.

I mostly use IE at work.

Here's the criteria:

No download, works in the browser, works in any browser... and even better if readable on the iPhone.

I know it's asking for a lot, which is why I am asking. This is what I am stuck with. I hate IE...

P.S. I forgot to mention I am stuck with IE half the time. Thanks for remembering that Bigm.

Maybe you should GET BACK TO WORK AND STOP READING BOOKS!!! Just teasing. :)

I've done some searching and found O'Reilly's got this web-based ePub reader called Bookworm. That might be a possible solution - as long as your books are in ePub format. It even has a mobile version!

Otherwise, at this point your options, depending on your circumstances are looking like:

- Wait until Kindle Cloud App supports IE

- Keep reading on your iPhone (I know how annoying that can get!)

- Find books you can read in PDF, which won't sync but will work on iPhone and in your browser (Google Docs, for example)

Mmm... kaik.

Twitter - flickr

Maybe you should GET BACK TO WORK AND STOP READING BOOKS!!! Just teasing. :)

I've done some searching and found O'Reilly's got this web-based ePub reader called Bookworm. That might be a possible solution - as long as your books are in ePub format. It even has a mobile version!

Otherwise, at this point your options, depending on your circumstances are looking like:

- Wait until Kindle Cloud App supports IE

- Keep reading on your iPhone (I know how annoying that can get!)

- Find books you can read in PDF, which won't sync but will work on iPhone and in your browser (Google Docs, for example)

Two things are happening at my work. We're allowed to use the computer during down time... which I do. We have lots of down time, it's in the nature of my job. Don't ask what I do, I won't tell. That said, we're not allowed to sit on our phone at work. I know, doesn't make sense.

I'll look at Bookworm!!! *excited*

Two things are happening at my work. We're allowed to use the computer during down time... which I do. We have lots of down time, it's in the nature of my job. Don't ask what I do, I won't tell.

Obviously you are an international spy. What else has lots of downtime and you can use the computers?

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle