Forums are back in action! ×

Chicago Vegan on a Mission

Hello, fellow nerds.

I'm going to be 30 this year. THIRTY. This scares the pants off of me. I'm facing my mortality, and realizing that I'm not at all where I wanted to be at this point in my life. I can't be where I wanted to be though, because that's not where I'm supposed to be. If i was supposed to be there, I would be.

I'm 5'10", 285 lbs., and determined to not lose weight but get fit. I'm not concerned with the number of my weight for now, just getting to a point of athletic performance that I am proud of. I've always quite enjoyed running, and last year I discovered the joy of racing. I did a 5k, and two obstacle course races. This year, I'm pushing the envelope. My goal for the year is to run no fewer than 10 events/races. I'm already registered for four, and have two more on the books to work towards. Here's the short list of goals for the year:

1 - Lose 30 lbs of fat by July 16.

2- Run in no fewer than 10 events/races during 2012. So far I'm signed up for the Chicago Polar Dash 10k, Warrior Dash Illinois, the Super Spartan in Illinois, and the Wisconsin Tough Mudder.

3- Paint my entire Retribution of Scyrah collection for the Warmachine Miniatures Game by June 1.

So, yeah. That's a little about me. I am looking forward to being a part of this community, and I hope that I am able to find some new friends and support.

seraphsong out.