Forums are back in action! ×

one meal a day science project.

Guest Snake McClain

All I'm saying is that losing fat while gaining muscle is damn near impossible unless you're stupendously out of shape and overweight. For your current condition, you'll either have to concentrate on doing muscle gain vs fat loss one or another, or use a specialized program that attempts to do both.

You CAN do both, but it usually requires some tricks that amount to miniaturized cutting/bulking cycles.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Guest Snake McClain

well i'm back to three meals a day so it's cool.

But AJrockstar i think you're right. I'm going to have to...figure out how to eat a ton and not look fat. i hate it. lol. I don't need to get THAT much bigger. like i keep saying only 10 pounds. I've done it before. Just a few more chicken breasts a day and i should be good right?

(note the last sentence was said without actually knowing anything about what foods actually do what besides the basic of protein or veggies)

Welllllll cuz you called me a rock star, I'll give you a direction to go :)

Here's a few key words to just plug into google and let 'er rip:

Intermittant fasting

cyclical (or targeted) ketogenic diet

calorie zig-zagging

These are all basically variations of the same thing, but the long of the short is, you eat a lot some days (hint hint* when you work out), and eat less on rest days.

And I usually tell myself NOT to make website recommendations. But if you want a good, scientific, easy-to-digest primer on EXACTLY what different macro nutrients do in your body, I'd suggest heading over to bodyrecomposition.com. Very knowledgeable guy, won't try to sell you on any of his products (well, a little bit, but he warns you when he does a book plug and never while giving you the low-down), and is easy to understand.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Guest Snake McClain
Welllllll cuz you called me a rock star, I'll give you a direction to go :)

Here's a few key words to just plug into google and let 'er rip:

Intermittant fasting

cyclical (or targeted) ketogenic diet

calorie zig-zagging

These are all basically variations of the same thing, but the long of the short is, you eat a lot some days (hint hint* when you work out), and eat less on rest days.

And I usually tell myself NOT to make website recommendations. But if you want a good, scientific, easy-to-digest primer on EXACTLY what different macro nutrients do in your body, I'd suggest heading over to bodyrecomposition.com. Very knowledgeable guy, won't try to sell you on any of his products (well, a little bit, but he warns you when he does a book plug and never while giving you the low-down), and is easy to understand.

i actually have seen a lot of IM and am implementing it. :D My plan is to do the IM on wrestling training days (one day a week usually). So dinner the night before then no meal until after training ends. I will look at all these things you showed me though.

wait did we go over the why? did i miss that?

if you're asking why i took a week and basically didn't eat the answer is because i had a bad muscle strain/tear (still sort of there) and couldn't lift. SO i got bored and basically just wanted to see what happened.

if you're asking why i took a week and basically didn't eat the answer is because i had a bad muscle strain/tear (still sort of there) and couldn't lift. SO i got bored and basically just wanted to see what happened.

wait, so you injured yourself, so you stopped eating the majority of your meals?

this was a good idea how?

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”