Forums are back in action! ×

Time for a Resplendent Respawn!

Between August 2014 - July 2015, I finally took action on my health. I started eating healthy (and less) and I began working out. I dropped 70 lbs, went from a size 14 to just entering a 6, and for the first time in my life I could run a 5k and I was starting body weight training. I felt great and I loved the way my body was looking.

Then I moved. The move was a great thing for me since I took a new job that I love (the old one was miserable and had me constantly stressed out). The problem is that I allowed the extreme disruption of all the good habits I had created to overtake me and I began eating horribly again and reverting back to my couch potato ways. I gained a bit of my weight back and I don't like how I feel.

That ends today! (Or, rather, yesterday - I didn't have time to post then.)

I threw out the junk food in my house and have made a plan for healthy eating (and stuck with it yesterday and so far today). I'll body weight train 3 days a week (check for yesterday, although it was a little depressing how far I retrograded - but I'll press on anyway), and I'm taking up hiking. (I moved to the Shenandoah Valley where the trails are beautifu - plus my dog loves it!)

So, here's to my second life!

• Like 1

“What is the nature of the search? you ask. The search is what anyone would undertake if he were not sunk in the everydayness of his own life. To become aware of the search is to be onto something. Not to be onto something is to be in despair.†- Walker Percy

Sancte Sebastian, ora pro me.