Forums are back in action! ×

Hey all *waves*

Getting in shape has been a bumpy ride for a long while.  I lack the motivation, especially in the long term.  I'll start off strong (don't we all) only to have it fizzle out and I find myself back to the couch marathoning video games and netflix.  I've read a lot of the success stories here and the blog posts, and it's all so very inspiring.  The idea of changing my vocabulary and phrasing is something I've never thought of before, and starting now, that's what I'm going to do.

I'm not going to "try again".  I'm going to be a success story.  

I've never really been overweight, though I have noticed my weight has been gradually increasing over the past few years.  I stand at 5'3" and am ~140 lbs.  I don't know the exact number because I don't own a scale.  This area of what's considered "average" has been my greatest weakness.  I'm "average" enough that I'll settle for it and feel like I don't have to work out, but I am admitting to myself that while it is not super unhealthy, I am not happy with it, and I really want to build some muscle definition because I know I can be better and I want to be better.  It's also difficult among friends and family.  They don't see me as overweight so they don't see why I want to train.  And the boyfriend's constant "I like the way you look" is annoying because on one level I know I can look better, but the real thing I am after is feeling better.  

Goal number one:  I will talk to everyone and tell them that exercise and healthy eating is important to me and that I want their support.  

I went on a run today, and found my overall outlook was way more positive than it has been for a long time.  I felt like I could conquer anything.  I want to feel more of that.  

Goal number two:  I will get up and move everyday, even if it's just a 10 minute walk around the block, rain or shine or snow. 

Because motivation has been a problem for me in the past, I'm going to record what I do so I can review it.  I've never been one for posting on forums or using social media, so even just posting right now is a step forward for me.  I don't know who will read this or who will even care, but on the off chance someone replies it might help keep me on track.

​Goal number three:  I will create a battle log on this website and update it every night no matter if I complete my daily goals or not. 

Well, I guess that is a brief introduction of where I am and the beginnings of where I want to go.  I am still working on the specifics and will touch on those in more detail and honesty in the battle log.  I am going to go create that now and write my first post.