Forums are back in action! ×

NSV's - Literally

I've been logging my calories with dedication for a long time. (Weight watchers, calories... since HIGH SCHOOL. And I was never overweight to begin with.)

I've pretty much always weighed myself every. Single. Day.

And today, after finishing almost a week doing strict paleo, I've decided to give up the endless calorie counting, and to stop weighing myself. I feel so free!! (I probably will at the end of the month, just to see what happened.)

Just thought I would share - I am so excited to ditch my old ways and just focus on eating when I'm hungry and not worrying about the scale. If I stayed the same weight but look better or get stronger, I'll be happy. :victorious:

that's wonderful! i always used to get frustrated when i would eat well/work out and the scale wouldn't move (or go in the wrong direction). now i just try and focus on how i feel. i'm still trying to lose 20ish lbs so i'll likely weigh myself once a week or once a month but it really does feel so freeing to trust yourself!

Yeah, I feel like I should go on a mission to keep people from having weight goals, and switch to body composition goals.

The only reason I weigh myself now is to ensure I'm maintaining my lean body mass, and I feel like nearly everyone would be happy to see what I've been seeing: more muscles definition, smaller pants, and getting more physically capable.

Woot!

Yeah, I feel like I should go on a mission to keep people from having weight goals, and switch to body composition goals.

The only reason I weigh myself now is to ensure I'm maintaining my lean body mass, and I feel like nearly everyone would be happy to see what I've been seeing: more muscles definition, smaller pants, and getting more physically capable.

Woot!

Totally agree with body comp goals. But for people are very or somewhat overweight, a weight loss goal isn't terrible to have as long as you don't get stuck on certain numbers.

Also, big woot for you accomplishments.