Forums are back in action! ×

fell off again, feeling a little hopeless

I was going really hard this summer and I was just on the verge of seeing real results. I even had a friend who was training me a little in exchange for my professional help on a project of his, all I had to do was show up to his gym. Then school started and I just fell off. That training option is still open and everything, I just don't go. And it's been so long now I feel too ashamed to go back. I'm back to unhealthy eating, I'm sure I've gotten over 200 lbs by now but I'm too scared to check. I just need to get back at it but I'm not sure what will keep me on for a longer time. I have no problem going hard for a month or so, but I always end up stopping. Anyone been through a similar scenario?  

Just testing some stuff out

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker

Been there more than once.  It is hard enough to admit to ourselves let alone others.  If this friend is there to help then tell them how you feel.  I am sure they have heard it before and may have ideas to help you.  Look at every time you have stopped and try to figure out why.  Was it too much time?  So hard you hurt all the time?  You never really figured out your motivation?  Trying to change too much at one time?  That last one has gotten me more than once.  Depending on what it is that can be your new starting point.  There are so many things it could be but finding that out will help I bet. 

The most important thing is to keep trying.  Failure is an option and a good one to learn from.  Which then turns that fail into a win when you can learn and continue to improve.

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

Take a deep breath and go weigh yourself.  Not knowing is always more terrifying than finding out the truth.  Once you have the knowledge, then you can start planning your attack.

While you're there, take time to try a few basic exercises, and write down some benchmarks.  (If the heaviest weight you can deadlift is 40 lbs, write down "deadlift 40 lbs."  If your waist measures 40 inches, write "waist 40".  Etc.)  Whatever you want to change must be measured first.

Keep this information in your wallet or on the wall by your desk or on your fridge, someplace you can see it and refer to it.  You could even write it on your computer's desktop background.  This reminds you of the benchmarks so you will be motivated to improve them.

Go regularly to work out.  Check your benchmarks at least monthly (some people check weekly, I wouldn't recommend more often than once a week or you'll drive yourself nuts).  Update the spreadsheet as needed.  Leave the old data there (just start a new column with each new measurement) so you can see how far you've come.

• Like 1

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.