Forums are back in action! ×

Hello from a future Ranger who has will power problems.

Hello, my name is Heather. As stated in the topic title, I have willpower problems. Now why would I have willpower problems? Because all my willpower is taken up trying to take care of my two year old and my 5 month old. Right now life feels like constant frustration. I clean up a room and its almost instantly messy, dishes and laundry is never done, I can't get my garden planted, and every time I do try to exercise my 2 year old gets right under my feet. He often gets hurt whenever I exercise because I do a squat into him and he falls over or he gets smacked by my hand when I'm doing jumping jacks. All of these things take willpower and by the time I get to where I want to exercise I don't want to exercise. I am not overweight but I am weak. I want to eventually get back to where I had these nice big muscled shoulders. Oh I was so proud of my shoulders. They were amazing. I'm pretty sure there must have been someone else, another stay at home mom or someone, who has gone through this and has worked through it. What did you do? I miss being strong and I want to be strong. I understand that there's work involved. Work doesn't bother me. But feeling already beaten before I even get to work is very devastating.

I can totally relate. My wife and I have 21 month old twin boys, and I still have not figured out how to add movement and exercise in my life again. I just feel like all my time is taken up by the twins or doing some chore around the house. I think I need to make exercise a basic need like air. :(

When your kids are so little, it really is hard to get much done. What about breaking it up into small chunks rather than trying to get it all in at once? Do some dishes, do some pushups. Pick up toys do 10 squats (quick before the toddler sees you)

Also think of ways that you can do things while they are with you. Go for a short walk and carry the toddler, or push the stroller up hills. Take the kids to the park and so some pullups or rows on the playground.

My son is all grown up now. I loved being a stay at home mom. But, I do regret, that I didn't put more emphasis on my health. I just never felt like I had the time. Especially when they are little, it is super hard already, just to get anything done. So don't feel guilty about it, but also don't feel guilty if you leave some dishes undone and take some time to get strong, because  a healthy mom is important too.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27