Forums are back in action! ×

How sore is too sore?

I did an hour of Group Power (free weight gym class) yesterday, and was planning to go to the next session tomorrow, but I have been hobbling around all day; the front muscles of my thighs are sooo sore from the lunges and squats tracks. I know you need to wait 48 hours for weight lifting, but if I'm still hobbling tomorrow is it reasonable to go and just push through? Maybe just use less weight? I probably used the appropriate amount of weight for my arms yesterday because they were only slightly sore today and I could definitely deal with doing more exercise with them tomorrow, but yeah, just not sure about the legs. Thoughts?

~Miranda (aka Farax K)

Stars hide your fires for these here are my desires
And I won't give them up to you this time around
And so I'll be found with my stake stuck in the ground
Marking the territory of this newly impassioned soul ~ Mumford and Sons

Guest Carjack

You don't need 48 hours if your body is adapted to the workout.

When the muscles get stiff, lose their range of motion or you're hobbling around, take a rest. Same if you're working out more days of the week than your CNS can recover and feeling fatigued all the time.

Thanks for the responses guys. DEFINITELY not adjusted to the workout yet. I went ahead and skipped because I was just so sore. I definitely need to move more after I take the classes to prevent it. Hopefully next class I'll build up my resistance so to speak. Thanks again!

~Miranda (aka Farax K)

Stars hide your fires for these here are my desires
And I won't give them up to you this time around
And so I'll be found with my stake stuck in the ground
Marking the territory of this newly impassioned soul ~ Mumford and Sons