Forums are back in action! ×

Lost 35+ pounds reading NF blog posts, and gained it all back :(

So, a few months back, I decided it was time to lose some weight, as I was at 5'9 185 pounds (18 years old), placing me in the overweight category, and I was rapidly gaining weight and approaching obese range. I decided it was time to make a change, so I started by counting calories, because that is what my internet research told me was the best method, so I ate like a bird for a few months, religiously tracked everything, and lost around 10 pounds in a month, but I hated it. Some more internet research brought me to Nerd Fitness, and I binge read posts until I had a great understanding of the Paleo diet and some basic workout stuff. I went full Paleo for a few months, until this passed school year started. At the start of school, I was down 37 pounds, to around 148, which, at 5'9, put me at a very healthy weight.

Of course, with the start of school, old habits came back hard as my stress level rose up, and I slipped off the wagon. Now, two months later, here I am, having gained back most of the weight I lost. I realized I needed to wake up after my pants wouldn't button this morning- one of the new pairs of pants I had bought in a smaller size to force myself to stay thin.

I'd been putting off getting back on the wagon for a while now. It started with me looking in a mirror and realizing I was looking pretty chubby again, and saying I'd start eating healthy soon. Of course, being stupid, I constantly put it off: I didn't want to start eating healthy because I had a math test the next day and had to focus on that, or I deserved a doughnut after doing well on a test, or I had an event that weekend that I knew I would probably binge it, so why even bother eating healthy now. While, here I am now, finally realizing I need to wake up and get going again.

I'm hoping if I read this message board a lot it'll help me drop the weight again, and then hopefully keep it off this time, so any advice would be appreciated! Thanks

The 6 week challenge is ending this week, and the new one starts soon after. Join a challenge. Having people to encourage you and keep you accountable is so much easier than doing it on your own.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27