Forums are back in action! ×

Hi from a guy with a big appetite

Hiya,

I've always had a big appetite and for years I tried to "fix" this by dieting. But any pounds lost always found their way back and I always ended up fatter than before. Besides, when I was at my skinniest -- which was still above my target weight -- I just didn't look right (even though I felt great for not having to carry around all that extra weight).

So a little while back I realized that my appetite isn't broken. The reason for my big appetite is that my body wants to be just that: big. I am supposed to be a big guy! But there's two ways you can be big: big fat or big muscular. I've tried the fat thing for the past 20 years or so -- didn't like it -- so now I'm giving the muscle thing a shot. ;-)

I'm 39 years old and if I don't make this change now, I'm going to die way before my time. And that would suck because I still have a lot of stuff I'd like to do. Besides, I just want to look good naked.

For the past year I've been getting into the habit of establishing a workout routine. But of course I managed to overdo it and pull a muscle, so that needs to heal now. In the mean time I'll start on cutting back the calories, learn about stretching, and get back into running.

I'm looking forward to sharing my progress!

How serendipitous! I just recorded and published the recipe for my Big Guy Stir Fry online this morning. I'll post the link below.

It's a half pound of chicken and just under a pound of veggies, and you can customize it with any spices or sauces you want (mindful of the calorie content). It comes out to just over 500 calories without sauce for just under a pound and a half of stir fry. Hopefully you can get some good mileage out of it. I make it about once a week, myself. As a fellow guy with a big appetite, I eat about a pound of chicken and a pound of veggies every day. I have to be mindful to eat lean meats and lots of veg to not get too many calories, but I do really enjoy feeling full.

Welcome!

Link to Recipe on Reddit

5'11'' Male

SW: 251 | CW: 199 | GW: 175

Battle Log: Grifball's Freelancer Training

"I WILL EAT YOUR UNHAPPINESS." - Michael J. Caboose