Forums are back in action! ×

Tired of being the fat guy

Hey Folks!

Just found this site a few days ago and decided to give it a try. Starting slow for a change. I have always been a big guy but as I have gotten older, I started exercising less and less while still eating all the food I love. I should mention that I own a couple of BBQ restaurants so there is always good food around me. Anyway, it has gotten to the point where my back and knees are always hurting and my sleep is affected. It's time for a change. I started walking and I tried the Bodyweight Circuit. Major fail. Gonna have to modify it a bit (wall sit instead of lunges) until I get back in the groove.

I think I am naturally a Warrior but I've done that in the past and have nothing left to prove (400lb bench 500lb deadlift) and frankly it doesn't interest me anymore. I'd rather lean out and go Monk/Druid. Thoughts?

I gave up soda a while ago, so now I am trying to give up sugar and complex carbs. I'm 4 days in and while I miss rice and grits and pasta, I must admit, I'm having some fun finding ways to fill up and satisfy my pallette with out them.

I will be reading lots of your post looking for inspiration so keep up the good work

Thanks!

Bigmista

P.S. I attached a pic of my dinner tonight. Asian Wings and fried cabbage. I hope that's ok.

post-45338-0-93445400-1445661069_thumb.j