Forums are back in action! ×

Hi everyone,

Got started this morning after lurking around for a year or so. Broke my leg playing roller derby last year and have been a slob since. Still having trouble with the leg, won't be able to ever skate again, but sick of feeling like a slob. Did the beginner body weight workout this morning, stuff I would have found ridiculously easy back when I was skating had me out of breath in no time. Scary how quickly you lose fitness.

So I'm hoping to lose 50lb and generally get fit again. High impact sports are not an option anymore, but hoping I can get strong and build up a good level of fitness and get back hiking at least. I live in a beautiful part of Ireland and my hubby loves hiking so hopefully once I build up stamina I can join him again on some of the more strenuous hikes.  

Diet wise I'll be doing mostly paleo, I'm familiar with it and have done it before with good results. I don't eat too much meat though, so that will be a bit of a challenge but I'll get there. I'm an avid cook so enjoy the challenge there although with full time university and clinical practice (I'm a student midwife) it can get difficult to find the time, but no more excuses. 

Look forward to chatting with and learning from you all! :)

Deb