Forums are back in action! ×

Hello nerdy rebels!

A wee hello and what not about me.

Im 40, hitting a time in my life when i look back at a former fit, healthy, and slim me and say "why did you eat all that cake!"

Ive got 4 smashing kids. 2-22 (ridiculous age gaps)

I work doing nightshifts in a hospital. 

Ive got a husband who rock climbs and desperately wants me to do a multi pitch climb with him.

Ive got 2 cats. They are moody nobbers but i love them.

I like playing guitar and making things, neither of which exactly get you ina  raging sweat. not the way i do them anyway.

So anyway,

my goals are to be able to do that climb with hubby, to be able to run around after the youngest more than i can now, end of next year or perhaps the summer of 2017 to do a half marathon (cant run to the bus stop just now...) do be able to do a few pull ups, and to feel more me. less of the me that i am now, which feels tired, grumpy, achey and tired. (did i mention tired?)

Ive got an appointment to start at my local gym at the end of the month so its all going to kick off as from the 1st nov.

Ive got about 7 stone to lose and a good 15 years of the habit of eating like im in some sort of competition to gannit the most cake to break.

so thats me. 

i thank you all in advance for your support and to the person who made this page for doing so. I think im going to need you all to help with the motivation. I really need to do this or im gonna end up ill. How i havent got diabetes i just do not know.

Welcome to the Rebellion!

We've got a new challenge starting up right now, so feel free to join if you're interested in making fitness buddies, learning, motivation, etc.  It sounds like you're off to a great start and you have some good goals lined up over the next year.  I find that solid goals are the perfect motivation for making any kind of progress.  I also love cake, however I would remember that you can't outrun your fork.  I'm not saying you have to cut sweets out completely, but it is important to hold yourself accountable as to how much you are really eating.  Personally, if I don't keep some kind of track of what I'm eating, I discover that I've eaten way more than I thought.  

"Fairy tales are more than true not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten"  -Neil Gaiman

Mandalorian Assassin: Level 5

Current Challenge - Artemis becomes Mandalorian

Overall Weight Loss Journey: Starting Weight -     Current Weight -    Goal -160lbs