Forums are back in action! ×

Ok I'm discovering this site late in the game. I've already dropped over 100lbs. People ask me how and I would try to explain to them what I do for diet. I've come up with my own plan and it is this site that I happened on to almost the exact strategy I've been using and it is Paleo. Obviously it wasn't anything this site specifically came up with but thanks for being there and giving me a name for it!!

My initial goal was just 100lbs but it becomes such a part of who you are after a time that you just want to keep improving yourself. The gym gets addicting and that's a statement I never thought would come out of my mouth. I've now set a new goal of taking my shirt off in front of others. I estimate 20 more pounds of fat and significant muscle development to be able to do this. I will be using this site for more ideas at the gym. I'm starting to get aimless when I go and cardio is boring as hell.

Also to other newbies. You always here people talking about how much better they feel. While physically you will feel quite a bit better it pales in comparison to how you will feel mentally. I have perma grin now and people frigging notice.

"Also to other newbies. You always here people talking about how much better they feel. While physically you will feel quite a bit better it pales in comparison to how you will feel mentally. I have perma grin now and people frigging notice."

LOVE this.

welcome aboard...we're glad to have you.

-S

Rebel Leader. I post videos of my dog on Instagram, and sometimes even share fitness wisdom. SOMETIMES.

Congratulations on all your success and best wishes for continuing that trend. Just a thought about alleviating your cardio boredom - try audiobooks on an mp3 player? Something with a good narrator that will keep your brain engaged and just distracted enough that you don't notice the time going by, but not so much that you lose focus on the cardio. Stephen Colbert's I Am America (And So Can You) as an audiobook worked for me.

Guest guest4729

Welcome to the forums! That's some impressive weight loss! Totally awesome progress thus far!

And yes I, too, thought it would never be possible to say that I'm addicted to the gym or working out but now every rest day is like "CAN I GO TO THE GYM YET BODY, PLEASE?" I went yesterday and wanted to go today but I'm just too sore from gym/work yesterday and I have more work tonight. As a waitress being quick on your feet is a must so I wouldn't want it to interfere with work but darn I wish I could go again today. Can't wait until I can go tomorrow. :D