Forums are back in action! ×

Hello from South Africa!

I have been watching the boards here for a few months now....

My story is a short one really. I have always been overweight and not happy with my body (38 year old male). On the 20th of September I decided to give paleo a go (100% as a result of reading this site). I was 104kg with my standard work clothes on. Today I am 94.5kg with the same clothes on. For the lb people amongst us I believe that that is a drop from 229 to 207? This was done on between 1200 and 1500 calories a day and no exercise.

I had my first session with a personal trainer at the gym today. Apparently it was leg day. Big eye opener but I think I can manage it.

Life has thrown me a few major curveballs in the last couple of years. I have decided its far more pleasant for me to kick my own ass. So that's what I will be doing from now on.

Anyway I will hopefully post some stats soon, bodyfat measurements etc because I am the sort of person that needs tangible results.

I am targeting 10 - 12% body fat as my goal.

Anyway, fitness would be nice, a nice body too, for me this is more about a declaration of independence and a break point from a life that gave me little satisfaction.

I wish you all good luck whatever your goals are.

And thanks Steve - I owe you one bud!