Forums are back in action! ×

ow ow ow

Definitely gotto review my workouts i'm hurting and i think getting too close to injuring myself its a kind of narrow edge to walk trying to recover from a really loooong time of non activity and lack of excersize

went to the gym unfortunately after not going for a few weeks during the holidays and this morning i cna barely sit down i have had tailbone pain (not from a fall or anything from getting in shape muscles pulling too hard on anchor points) in the past but today it really freaking hurts i think i overdid the squats. also last week i had some shoulder pain that i kind of self diagnosed as a minor separation. i've been thinging of dropping the gym membership and going with more BW stuff and i was thinking about convict conditioning their BW progressions sound good for building strength at a good pace. usually mon wed and friday i do the basic Body weight workout from the NF website but i think i am looking for more progression and something to work towards. any opinions ?

Lv 1 Half-Orc Adventurer

Str 3 | Dex 2 | Sta 3 | Con 2 | Wis 3 | Cha 2

No reason to drop the gym in my opinion (although body weight workouts are great). By the sounds of it it seems as if you are rushing in and overdoing it. There's really nothing to be gained by jumping in the deep end and just loading as much weight as possible on to the bar and trying to squat it on you first session. Build it up slowly so you can perfect your form and you will also be less likely to injure yourself. Google Stronglifts 5x5 for a good (free) program with a progression that will do just this

the shoulder pain started after morning bw on last Wednesday and i've been taking it really easy and the pain is mostly gone with daily stretching and light work

the tailbone pain is more chronic i've seen a dr about it and he was pretty much saying because i started regular bike riding and exercise i've worked the muscles faster than the tendons so the tendons are hurt and i just need to take it easy when they hurt. I usually don't take any pain meds when i'm sore like this so i can listen to the pain and not overdo it while sore or in pain

Lv 1 Half-Orc Adventurer

well the other part of my desire to toss the gym is its freakin crowded and personally i find it kind of intimidating which i think fuels my overloading - subconcious cometitiveness so what i've planned todo is alternate and mebbe phase out the gym BW workouts on alt days then the gym i do need to learn to jog/run outside too if i ever plan to do the zombie run in oct

Lv 1 Half-Orc Adventurer