Forums are back in action! ×

Beat temptation

I habitually reward and console myself with food. With that in mind....

About 15 minutes before I was supposed to leave work, we had a crisis hit. And it's my job to manage those crises until they are fixed, which took about 4 hours.  So it's been a 13 hour day, I haven't had dinner, I'm hungry, I'm cranky, I'm stressed.   I promised myself that on the way home I was going to get a whole (!) pizza and eat it. Or maybe a giant Blizzard from DQ. Or ...  well, something terrible. Because I'd had a bad day and I deserved it, right?

But as I tried to decide where I'd indulge myself, I kept thinking how well I've done since joining the Nerd Fitness Academy. How I'd ruin my good-eating streak.  How eating garbage not only wouldn't make me feel better, I would actually feel worse when I got on the scale tomorrow. And I'd have a carb-hangover with all the cravings that go along with it to boot. 

And I drove home and cracked open a can of skinless boneless salmon, mixed with Greek yogurt, garlic, and lemon juice, and ate it on peeled cucumber rounds. 

I am so ridiculously proud of myself right now.  "Whoo, I skipped eating garbage! Go me!"  Yeah it's stupid, but it's a big deal to me to actively break that default habit. 

• Like 2

~ Hipster, Health Nut and Future Survivor of the Zombie Apocalypse ~

Academy joined: 10/24/2015

No, it is not stupid at all!  Go, you!  It's really really hard to break those default habits, and you did it.  Keep being proud, and remember this feeling for when you run into a similar problem again.  It'll help give you that push to stay on track, because then you can feel this same awesome feeling all over again, and who wouldn't want that? :)

Btw, that healthy snack you made sound delicious, I want to try it out myself!