Forums are back in action! ×

Time to Introduce Myself

Greetings All,

My name is April and I currently live in the beautiful rainy Canadian West Coast. I signed up for Rebel Fitness about 6 months ago but never got myself really into it. Now, I have my motivation. My husband and I are planning a return to my home (North Texas) in the spring and I want to show up looking and feeling (the most important part) fantastic.

I've always struggled with my weight, ever since I started high school. I hate exercise for exercise sake. Running on a treadmill or an elliptical makes me feel like I'm stuck with nowhere to go in more than just the obvious physical sense of it. I love things that are fun, but I feel so out of shape that I can't seem to even get started somewhere.

I learned to love swimming in my last year of high school and that dropped some weight off of me, but after starting uni that was no longer an option and I fell back into my laziness. (That's what it is afterall.)

A few years down the road and I'm married, I've had my gallbladder out, and I am ready for a real change. The gallbladder removal was a bit of a scare and a wake up call. It was taken out in the emergency room and left me in the hospital for 3 days. I don't want to be back for any reason. Time to change.

I've tried Crossfit, but I found that it was just too intense for someone that isn't in any kind of shape (round doesn't count here). Eventually, I want to get back into it, it was fun and kept me wanting to be better and better and that's the whole point.

One step at a time is my goal right now and if it's a slow go, then that's ok, as long as there is some forward motion.

I've started off this journey with slowly working my way onto a Paleo diet. One or two things cut out a time, too much too fast and I know I'll give up. This, with a little kettlebell work thrown in the mix a few times a week and I am on my way. Once the gluten withdraw stops (harsh harsh cravings), its time to step up the game.

Onwards and Upwards!

"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform. "-Mark Twain
“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.†– Winston Churchill
“You will either step forward into growth or you will step back into safety.†– Abraham Maslow

Wood Elf Adventurer LEVEL 6.817
Stats: STR-18.62 DEX-8.22 STA-19.05 CON-29.72 WIS-30.26 CHA-22.73

Hey April! Welcome to the Rebellion. :) Looks like you have a good start, as even the little things count! Something is better than nothing, even if it's one step at a time.

So good luck! Glad you're here. :)

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." - Aristotle

If you have the inspiration, you have the talent. Strive to be happy. :)