Forums are back in action! ×

Firefighter/EMT got to get in shape

Hi everyone I am a 48-year-old full-time EMT/firefighter I also farm and drive a school bus on the side. So The other day I somehow wound up the responding engine (almost never happens) i'm usually stuck on my ambulance and never really get to play with fire. Well here I am going to far with my partner 26 years old. We pull the hose to the top of the stairs and start a fight fire I am now ready to have a heart attack I'm breathing so hard that my 45 minute bottle now becomes a 20 minute bottle because I'm breathing so hard that there's no way this is going to last. Well here I am I am not going to let the 26 years old kick me out of the job that I have been doing and love for more than 20 years I am going to get in shape

Welcome! I have a goal of getting my EMT-B in the next year.

What are you planning for fitness? I'd suggest a plethora of swimming, as well as some full gear/weighted hiking and stairs.

Hell, if we can help you, you'll turn that 45 minute tank into a 60. I'm being a little facetious, but I believe you can train your oxygen uptake to be super efficient.

I am the Brawlus, goo goo, g'joob.

I am not sure I know what a challenge three did I am new to this some of the thinks I have done is wrote down my goals( in the middle of the night I might add) hear they are. Goals for getting in shape

Lose 55 lbs or get to a healthy weight for my size.

Lose gut have defined abbs

Bulk up chest and arms

I want to live a long healthy life with Maria

I want to keep up with the younger firefighters in my co.

Notes Maria is the woman I love. For the record it is hard to be a leader if you can't keep up with the followers lol

I have drank nothing but water today no soda no coffee or ice tea huge step for me.