Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings and Salutations

Greets All,

My name is Sean.  I am a 31 year old married man with 4 beautiful daughters.  Throughout high school and the military I was always very active and maintained good physical fitness.  However, since leaving the military and becoming a husband and father I have let myself go majorly.  It is to the point now where for the first time ever I actually FEEL unhealthy.  I've known for a good long while now that I needed to change my dietary habits and get active again.  Unfortunately, despite knowing these things I've always pushed them off with the excuses.

Now I am ready to cast aside all those excuses and right my life.  Not only for myself but I want to be a good influence for my kids.  Teach them good nutrition and fitness.  I have reached my highest weight ever at 262.

Here are my fitness goals:

Shred 82 lb's down to 180

Quit drinking soda

Quit Smoking

Convert to a Paleo diet

Be able to complete a 3k, 5k, 10k marathon

There are more along the way but that'll do for now.  It's already a LOT!  But that just shows how unhealthy I've been.  I know I can not do all of these all at once.  Rome wasn't built in a day, as they say.  I have already begun weening myself off soda.  Over the past week I've reduced myself from around a 6-pack of soda a day to 1 can a day.  Smoking for now I've just tried to smoke less by forcing myself to go longer between cigarettes.  I have been sitting with my wife and discussing meal plans to begin converting to the paleo diet.  She has Crohn's disease and the paleo diet is something her GI Doctor has recommended for her as well, so there is added benefit and motivation there.

Anyhow, I'm getting wordy.  I look forward to getting to know you all and sharing my story and reading up on yours.

Lycan Assassin

1st-challenge

"Fitness is not about being better than someone else, it's about being better than you used to be"

"Fit is not a destination it is a way of life"

"He who conquers others is strong. He who conquers himself is mighty" -Lao Tzu