Forums are back in action! ×

Challenge: Equip monk with food for quest

Mission Briefing:

Hi all! I've considered paleo before but never took the plunge. I'm now having symptoms of reactive hypoglycemia and am tired of not feeling well. Two summers ago I ate only veggies for a month and felt much better (but not 100%). I'm now ready for a well balanced diet, but I need your help please!

After reading on the site, I want to become a monk. My race is a small human. And I've been blessed with bad pathfinding AI. Smart at other things, but absolutely clueless about the subject at hand. If you tell me to eat something, you would be surprised at the level of incompetence I'll achieve while attempting that task.

Here's the part I need help with: I'm away from my house for 8 hours a day without access to a fridge. I'm on the move a lot. And... I hate to cook. I've worked on the last part some, true golem style, and I now do any cooking in an electronic pressure cooker. I dump in a chicken breast straight from the freezer and some water and hit a button. It's wicked. It can also can items in jars, which may help for taking food with me.

Drop Point:
So can anyone recommend 7 well balanced recipes? I do not want weight loss, if anything I have trouble getting enough calories! I love shopping at Aldis because it's cheaper, but I can change to a whole foods store if need be. I don't want variety or even good taste; I just want some easy things I can toss in a pressure cooker or slow cooker. If they can't be canned then I can buy a thermos. Any other tips would also be appreciated.

Mission Briefing:

Hi all! I've considered paleo before but never took the plunge. I'm now having symptoms of reactive hypoglycemia and am tired of not feeling well. Two summers ago I ate only veggies for a month and felt much better (but not 100%). I'm now ready for a well balanced diet, but I need your help please!

After reading on the site, I want to become a monk. My race is a small human. And I've been blessed with bad pathfinding AI. Smart at other things, but absolutely clueless about the subject at hand. If you tell me to eat something, you would be surprised at the level of incompetence I'll achieve while attempting that task.

Here's the part I need help with: I'm away from my house for 8 hours a day without access to a fridge. I'm on the move a lot. And... I hate to cook. I've worked on the last part some, true golem style, and I now do any cooking in an electronic pressure cooker. I dump in a chicken breast straight from the freezer and some water and hit a button. It's wicked. It can also can items in jars, which may help for taking food with me.

Drop Point:

So can anyone recommend 7 well balanced recipes? I do not want weight loss, if anything I have trouble getting enough calories! I love shopping at Aldis because it's cheaper, but I can change to a whole foods store if need be. I don't want variety or even good taste; I just want some easy things I can toss in a pressure cooker or slow cooker. If they can't be canned then I can buy a thermos. Any other tips would also be appreciated.

I can't give you 7 specific recipes, but what I can do is give you a base slow cooker meal, and you can change things about it to get 7 different meals.

http://civilizedcavemancooking.com/recipes/beef/spicy-pineapple-chili/

I take that, add a block of butter for calories, and then just change up the meat, the fruit, the sauce, leave in or take out the bacon...etc.

Meat that's turned out well for me: Chicken, Turkey, Beef

Sauces: pretty much any tomato based sauce has been a good replacement for tomato sauce and roasted tomatoes, Arrabbiata is real good.

Fruit: Pineapple, Mango, dried cherries are good but kind of overpowering, peaches

For the mango and peaches I like to take a couple cans of mango or peach salsa instead of the cans of fruit.

Just pick and choose, you can even combine stuff like using two meats, two fruits... etc, adjust the size of the recipe to what you need, I double it, add 6 cups of rice and split it up into 4 separate bowls, that gives me 4 lunches for the work week with a macro count of:

Cal: 1500

Fat: 90

Carbs: 100

Protein: 78

Edit: Forgot to include, the above counts are with turkey, bacon and pineapple, all juices and greases included in the mix.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)