Forums are back in action! ×

For me it helps to start small. Every little bit helps. If you want to work out, start by going for a walk. Do a bodyweight exercise you like, or yoga if that's your thing. Dance to a song you like. Go do something active with a friend or a family member. Play DDR. Do something small and active to get moving again and get your blood flowing. Maybe that will be enough to get you back into gear, and even if it's not enough on his own - hey, at least you'll have done something active that you might've enjoyed.

If challenges and goals are your thing, by all means, do that - I really like the mutual encouragement in the challenge forums, and you don't have to set hugely ambitious goals, it could be to go for a walk or do some light exercise on a regular basis. People will be happy to cheer you on if you decide to do a challenge, and I believe it's not too late for the current one yet! But if they aren't, or a six week challenge seems a bit too much to commit to right now, it's okay if you'd like to start smaller. 

• Like 2

STR 3 | STA 3 | DEX 2 | CON 0 | CHA 1 | WIS 1

Level 1 Dwarf Warrior - current challenge

That my dear Alice is a first good answer i've heard!

Well, with a(n) username like Vegeta. One would expect you to be preparing for the next great battle.....even if it is against your idiot friend. (Goku) 

Alice or Rain

(Alice is the nice one....Rain isn't) 

Level 0 Shapeshifter 

Introduction | Daily Battle Log | Challenge: Shapeshifting

MyFitnessPal | FitBit

Current Weight (11/7): 304 lbs 

Goal Weight: 200 lbs 

It most usually is. Although my idiot friend is named aleksi. I've been going through kind of a identity crisis and i don't really have goals anymore. I always wanted to be a strongman, but i'm too short. Then i fell in love with bodybuilding but without steroids you'll never look like anything. And i can't do stuff for fun. =D

It most usually is. Although my idiot friend is named aleksi. I've been going through kind of a identity crisis and i don't really have goals anymore. I always wanted to be a strongman, but i'm too short. Then i fell in love with bodybuilding but without steroids you'll never look like anything. And i can't do stuff for fun. =D

Pick new goals. Learn to be something different or be those things anyway. Despite being too short and not wanting to use drugs. Just because you were told you can't, doesn't mean you should listen to them. 

Alice or Rain

(Alice is the nice one....Rain isn't) 

Level 0 Shapeshifter 

Introduction | Daily Battle Log | Challenge: Shapeshifting

MyFitnessPal | FitBit

Current Weight (11/7): 304 lbs 

Goal Weight: 200 lbs 

Give up the all-or-nothing thinking.  Seriously that shit gets you nowhere most of the time (see what I did there?).  Any progress is good progress.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

We are often our own worst critics. Holding ourselves to an unreachable, unrealistic standard. It's like we deliberately set ourselves up to fail because we believe deep down that we ARE failures and can do nothing good. This is an incredibly unhealthy mindset.

Ask yourself: whose standards am I trying to measure up to? My own or those that someone else has set for me? Really think about the answer to this question.

The good news is that you can escape from this mindset. You can reprogram your thought process. I've done it. You can too.

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

There's a difference between development (which is a constructive act) and overkill (which is destructive). It sounds like you're stuck in overkill mode. It also sounds like your identity is found only by completing these unrealistic goals. This is not mentally healthy because it means that you will always be lost. It is not a complete picture of who you are.

I am genuinely concerned for your welfare and believe you are highly intelligent and can get through this. Intelligence is both a burden and a gift. It's a burden because we tend to overanalyze everything to the point of brain exhaustion and a gift because it can be used to change the world.

Believe in yourself. You can overcome this.

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria