Forums are back in action! ×

LMC: Introduction And My Progress So Far

Hello, all!

I’m a 25 year old male originally from the UK although I currently reside in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve spent the last few years travelling the globe meeting some weird and wonderful people however throughout the whole ordeal my health and fitness has suffered as a result. I’ve always been pretty athletic, played sport consistently growing up and tried to partake in as much as I could whilst I travelled. However, the lack of stability in moving from place to place and the typical party lifestyle that comes with making new friends eventually caught up with me.  :nightmare: 

I spent two years living in Toronto, Canada and whilst I thoroughly enjoyed my experience there, my health deteriorated, my weight increased and I began to look and feel like a completely different person. After a short trip home before my move to Melbourne I quickly realised how much I had changed. The excessive partying had finally caught up with me and something had to be done. 

At the turn of the year (2015), I had settled down into my new surroundings and began making subtle changes to improve my lifestyle. I started working out again (although I would just do home workouts as I wasn’t quite ready to be seen in public quite yet!) and also began to clean up my diet. In July of this year I finally muscled up the courage to join a gym  and I started seeing a personal trainer once a week to help me put together a strength training program and give me the kick up the arse that I needed!

So if everything seems to be on the right track, then why am I here? 

I’m currently extremely happy with the changes I’ve made to my lifestyle and the way my body is starting to look/feel however I need to find myself an output to take it all to the next level. I stumbled upon this website and it’s community a couple of months back when I was doing some research and instantly took a liking to just how positive the atmosphere here was. I knew I wanted to be a part of it but again I lacked the courage to make myself known.

In a couple of weeks time (4 to be exact) my journey in Australia will be coming to an end and I’ll be returning home to friends and family back in England. Without my personal trainer on my case to give me the push I need in the right direction, I felt my next step would be to share my story with the community here as a way of making myself accountable and sharing my (hopefully) positive results.

Here is a progress picture of my journey so far (July 2015-November 2015) NSFW

33dkz2s.jpg

In terms of my 'nerdier' side, I'm a big fan of the following; Video Games (Pokemon, Zelda, Final Fantasy, FIFA, Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, Metal Gear), Sci-Fi/Fantasy Movies (LOTR, Star Wars, Marvel Universe, DC Universe, Harry Potter), Music (Classic Rock, Metal, Punk, Hardcore), Wrestling (WWE, Old School WWF), TV Shows (Game Of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Supernatural, Arrow). If you like any of those, uh, let's be friends.

Looking forward to being a part of this wonderful community!  :redface: 

LMC